Dec 12 2013
IDC Financial Insights hosted a web conference “IDC Financial Insights 2014 Predictions: Worldwide Financial Services” highlighting the top 10 predictions for the year ahead:
- Overall IT Spend in Financial Services Will Exceed $430 Billion in 2014 and Will Exceed $0.5 Trillion by 2020; Consolidation and Cooling Emerging Markets Will Make Impact.
- Institutions Will Leverage Their Investments of the Past Three Years, Improving Compliance Data Management with New Initiatives to Extract Additional Business and Operational Value with Analytics-Based Capabilities.
- All Modernization and Improvement Initiatives Will Include Three Components to Be Successful (Technology, People, and Processes); We’ve Focused Too Long on Technology in a Vacuum, and in 2014, We’ll See the IT Organization Become More Important.
- The Most Successful Financial Institutions in 2014 Will Be Those That Can Deliver an Enhanced Omnichannel Experience to Their Customers and Prospects, Using New Enabling Technologies and Supported by Appropriate Business Processes.
- Core Transformation Projects Will Create Opportunities for Banks to Out-Innovate Their Peers, Giving Innovators Years of Technology Advantage Over Core Banking Laggards.
- Consumers Will Become the Disruptors in Financial Services by Minimizing Their Interactions with Their Primary Institution and Increasing the Use of a Variety of Purpose-Built Apps That Provide Immediate and Focused Value.
- Lured by Their Aggressive Growth in Premiums, Insurers Will Continue to Pay Close Attention to the Emerging Market Nations in Developing Asia/Pacific and Latin America.
- The Battle for Dominance on the 3rd Platform Will Begin as Firms Move from Ad Hoc, Repeatable Initiatives to Managed Initiatives and New Application Mashups That Target Value Creation in Customer Acquisition, Market Intelligence, and Operations.
- Investment in Risk Management Information Technologies, Services, and Skills Will Exceed $85 Billion in 2014 as Firms Industrialize Credit and Market Risk System, Operational Risk Disciplines Get Renewed Support, and Management Learns to Sell Risk.
- Mobile and “Alternative” Payment Adoption Will Remain Muted in 2014 as a Wide Array of Providers Try to Find a Value Proposition That Resonates for Both Merchants and Consumers.
The web conference featured analysts Scott Lundstrom, Michael Araneta, Li-May Chew, Marc DeCastro, Roberto Gutierrez, Alex Kwiatkowski, Karen Massey, Matt Sauer, Jerry Silva, Michael Versace and James Wester, and provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon.
According to Lundstrom, group vice president and general manager, IDC Financial Insights “As the IT organization continues to struggle with when and where to invest in today’s technology, financial institutions need to balance investing in innovation and providing value for the customer, with placating the regulators.”
Source Monitor Daily
Dec 10 2013
ETNA’s new announcement means that an online brokerage business can launch a custom, state-of-the-art trading platform in a matter of weeks.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, December 9, 2013, No doubt ETNA’s recent announcement about their ETNA Broker, broker-dealer out-of-the-box technology solution, available as platform-as-a-service is good news to all retail broker-dealers and introducing brokers. ETNA Broker is an all-in-one brokerage platform with state-of-the-art web based and mobile trading terminals, order management system, and middle and back office management software. This trading platform, available for private-labeling, is designed for sell-side and buy-side firms, as well as technological firms and financial companies looking to upgrade their infrastructure for even more convenient stocks, options, Forex, and all major security classes trading experience.
During a recent interview, Roman Zhukov, CEO of ETNA, had this to say: “ETNA provides the latest brokerage technology to holders of a FINRA License while maintaining all the technologies compliant with the US regulatory framework. We’re glad to introduce our flexible pay-as-you-go pricing plans, which avoids any upfront costs for our clients”.
The ETNA Broker Suite consists of:
- Rich web-based HTML5 Trading Terminal
- Native iOS/Android trading terminals
- Access to multiple markets
- Pre-made integrations with clearing firms.
Each component is customizable and able to function as standalone or integrated into any third party trading infrastructure.
The company provides regular compliance updates and 24/7 support, and the cloud-based deployment allows clients to scale the system up and down as the volumes of data processed change to have more control over the hosting charges. ETNA’s unique offering of its ETNA Broker Suite as platform-as-a-service is the shortest and most cost-efficient way to enter the market or replace outdated trading infrastructure with innovative technology.
Headquartered in New York City, ETNA is one of the world’s leading financial software solutions and innovative technology services providers, and has been delivering its financial software products and consultancy services to clients in the US, EMEA and APAC since 2002. ETNA provides customizable solutions for online brokerage, execution, routing and crossing, clearing, compliance, risk management, back office automation, portfolio management and algo trading of all asset classes. Major company clients are Saxo Bank, Tradier, MicroQuant, SogoTrade, Trader OS, ChoiceTrade, ForexChile, TradeStreamAnalytics. ETNA is a proud member of FIX Protocol and its software regularly receives prestigious Barron’s Magazine Awards.
For more information, please visit: ETNA Solutions
Nov 28 2013
Nov 20 2013
A leading provider of financial software solutions and technology services for broker-dealers, hedge funds and
technology firms since 2002 is looking to hire the IT Support Technician to maintain its internal and external clients systems.
This full time on-site New York based position offers excellent growth opportunity for individuals who are driven by productivity, efficiency and creativity.
We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated and can function well in a dynamic international work environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for both company’s internal and customers’ software systems – electronic trading platforms;
- Manage IT operations for the cloud platform;
- Maintaining, repairing and testing systems to working order;
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion via ticketing system (OTRS);
- Monitor health, resource utilization, and security for the system and help plan and react to the growth of system load;
- Collaborate closely with ETNA R&D team in the most efficient manner;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty;
- Run daily backups and test restoration of data;
- Reports to CIO;
- Full time New York Office position (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST).
- An ideal candidate for this position should demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Technology;
- Min 1 year of IT technical experience with enterprise software
- Experience in systems administration (cloud computing, SQL commands, backup, log file management, performance monitoring);
- Linux and Windows system administration
- Proficiency in the areas of systems and network design
- Superior Emotional Intelligence skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Focused Approach
- Ability to manage on-going multiple project
- Work in a fast paced office environment
- Type speed 140 WPM
- The compensation package will include the following:
- Fixed Salary
- Cozy office in the heart of Manhattan, close to all transportation hubs
- Medical insurance, including dental and vision
- Initial training and ongoing mentoring
- Continual professional development opportunities
- An environment that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit
ETNA Software Corp. is one of the world’s leading financial software solutions and technology services providers. Headquartered in New York City ETNA Software provides customizable solutions for online brokerage, execution, routing and crossing, clearing, compliance, risk management, back office automation, portfolio management and algo trading of all asset classes. ETNA’s products received numerous industry awards.
If you retain the desire to apply your technical IT skills and the drive to contribute to a dynamic team environment, please email your resume to email@example.com or call (855) 779 – 7171 x102.
Jun 13 2013
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, June 13, 2013. ETNA is proud to announce the release of ETNA Trader ME, a white labeled mobile trading platform designed for banks, broker-dealers, and other electronic trading service providers. The platform is entirely neutral and easy for re-labeling enabling electronic trading providers to offer mobile trading capabilities to their end users without having to invest in the development of new technology and infrastructure.
The new ETNA Trader ME is a mobile extension of the ground-breaking web trading platform ETNA Trader 2.0., and can be offered as a part of it or integrated into any existing trading environment. It comes with a ready-to-use broker neutral front-end and can be connected to any existing trading platform. Moreover, this cloud-hosted platform is scalable to the volumes of data that clients need to process which makes it extremely cost-efficient in terms of IT infrastructure.
ETNA reports that the new versions of their innovative mobile trading applications are 100% re-brandable and customizable to reflect international markets and broker specifics, which makes it a perfect solution for brokers who offer international trading capabilities, or those interested in entering new markets. It allows broker-dealers and banks to have their own impressive mobile trading platform in a matter of days with minimum additional development costs. Currently, ETNA Trader ME is available on iOS- and Android-based smartphones and tablets.
ETNA Trader ME has all the advanced features of ETNA Trader 2.0., namely, real-time streaming quotes, unlimited personal watchlists, advanced customizable charts, and convenient trading capabilities. Developed using native technologies of iOS and Android platforms, ETNA’s mobile trading applications not only excel in terms of performance, but is also extremely user friendly with a highly intuitive design for an optimized trading experience. It enables end users to watch the markets 24/7 and adjust trading decisions on the go.
Professional traders and investors can now spot the market trends, seize excellent opportunities, trade, replace, or cancel orders –whether they’re waiting at the train station, on vacation, or out to lunch. This flexibility provides company brokers additional avenues for generating revenue as well as increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
ETNA has been consistently delivering superior financial business software solutions for more than 12 years. During this time, the premium quality of their products has earned the company numerous high-profile awards and recognitions, including receiving the #2 rank in usability by the prestigious Barron’s Magazine.
ETNA Trader ME is yet another example of ETNA putting experience and best industry practices into action. As one of the most recent products released by ETNA, this mobile trading platform combines vast years of experience with the most up-to-date technology available. This innovative product will meet and exceed the expectations of even the most demanding businesses. To find out more about ETNA Trader ME or to request a demo app, visit the product website
About ETNA Broker
ETNA Broker is an innovative online trading platform for broker-dealers, banks, and other electronic trading providers. It is one of the few trading platforms on the market that uses the advanced HTML5 technology. ETNA secures its position in the marketplace by offering this rare HTML5 application as a white label solution connected to 32 execution venues and 12 market data providers.
ETNA Software Corp. is one of the world’s leading financial software solutions and technology services providers. Headquartered in New York City, ETNA provides customizable solutions for online brokerage, execution, routing and crossing, clearing, compliance, risk management, back office automation, portfolio management and algo trading of all asset classes. ETNA’s products received numerous industry awards.
Apr 19 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina – April 19, 2013 — Financial services cloud provider Tradier announced today that it has entered into a strategic technology relationship with ETNA to provide key components and platform development services for its core platform. This marks a considerable milestone in the upcoming launch of Tradier.
Tradier offers an innovative set of platforms, APIs and distributable modules to serve trading platform providers and banks. Tradier had been on the lookout for months for a software platform provider that offers products that could be effectively customized and adopted to meet its requirements.
“The technology team from Tradier is working diligently with ETNA and we are excited and impressed with the ETNA team and most importantly their level of commitment” said Jeyashree Chidambaram, Co-founder and VP of Trading Technology at Tradier.
“We are very excited about the selection from Tradier and are looking forward to the partnership between our two innovative firms” said Roman Zhukov, CEO of ETNA. “We are happy to offer our platform to Tradier as they are getting ready to launch.”
About Tradier, Inc.
Tradier, Inc. is a financial services cloud provider that offers a groundbreaking solution to serve platform providers. The Tradier solution features an innovative set of fully hosted API’s, modules and “out of the box” tools that are leveraged by a growing list of providers.
About ETNA Software Corp.
ETNA Software Corp. is one of the world’s leading financial software solutions and technology services providers. Headquartered in New York City ETNA provides customizable solutions for online brokerage, execution, routing and crossing, clearing, compliance, risk management, back office automation, portfolio management and algo trading of all asset classes. ETNA’s products received numerous industry awards.
Feb 5 2013
ETNA Software will demonstrate financial software, online trading technologies and asset management at the Traders EXPO, Marriott Marquis Hotel, New York on February, 17-19, 2013. ETNA Software’s booth number is #5510 and it is located on the 5th floor.
See our Exhibitor’s Details, download the Floor Plan
ETNA Software solutions combine buy side and sell side expertise with proven development tools and talent to deliver market-beating performance, power, and possibilities.
Jan 23 2013
Brokerage firms and the brokerage industry itself are heavily regulated in the U.S by the following organizations:
- Federal Government
- State Government
- Self-Regulatory Organizations (SRO)
The main regulator of the security industry is the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The SEC enforces the rules that all market participants must comply with. Among other responsibilities, the SEC is in charge of:
- Regulation T – how brokerages should lend money to their customers and use customer securities and funds
- Newly listed companies – how IPOs should be pushed into the public market
- Reviewing fillings of investment companies
Jan 9 2013
ETNA Software and Saxo Bank have signed a long-term agreement for custom financial software development. ETNA Software will be an expertise provider in developing financial software applications by our major offshore development center in St.Petersburg, Russia.
“We are extremely excited and proud to work with Saxo Bank – the number one company in the online banking world, unique in its dedication to IT,” comments Roman Zhukov, CEO of ETNA Software. “Both ETNA Software and Saxo Bank honor the same core values of rationality, integrity and performance. We both strive to be the best at whatever we do and we both take pride in our work and continuing success.”
Dec 21 2012
Every broker dealer has three departments:
Sometimes, middle-office and back-office are merged into the single department where the functions of middle-office are split between front-office and back-office. (more…)
Dec 5 2012
Most of people who use “broker-dealer” term have little understanding what does it mean and what is involved to become a broker-dealer.
Broker-dealer must hold a license and to do that he must complete 28-pages uniform application for broker-dealer registration. This application asks certain questions like:
- Who are principals?
- Who will be CEO and CFO?
- Will the broker-dealer be a market maker?
- What is the tax ID number?
- Where the main office will be located?
- Who will be self-regulatory organization?
- Will broker-dealer accept checks from client?
- What security types broker-dealer will deal with?
The completed application is sent to the Security Exchange Commission (SEC), where it is reviewed and if everything is ok, the license will be issued.